File.net's Windows Process Viewer advantages over the Windows Task Manager: The freeware displays the full path name, the expected folder, the most understandable name of the process and the manufacturer.
(only 650 KB)
- doesn't require runtimes
- doesn't require installation
- doesn't write to the registry
- doesn't modify files outside of its own directories
- isn't adware
- 100% free - just remember it comes from file.net :-)
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP or Windows Server
- only 0.6 MB free disk space
Other recommended software for analysing local files
Security Task Manager shows all running Windows tasks including embedded hidden functions (e.g. keyboard or browser monitoring, autostart entry). A unique security risk rating indicates the likelihood of the process being potential spyware, malware, keylogger or a Trojan.
Anti-Malware detects and removes sleeping spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, malware and tracking threats from your hard disk. Ideal supplement to Security Task Manager.